My Giant Kid

My 3 year old is a giantess. I am starting accept this. She always was a large-ish, dense sort of child. But over the last 2 years I have started having to buy 4T and 5T clothes while her peers were still in their 2T and 3T outfits. She now fits perfectly in 5T. If fits her so perfectly, in fact, that by the time cooler weather rolls around in another couple of months, I am going to have to buy her sizes 6 and 7 to make sure those outfits still fit her through the winter. Ivy will turn 4 at the end of December.

 Here are the numbers to prove her giantess status:

Average height for a 5 year old: 40 inches
Average weight for a 5 years old: 39.6 pounds

Ivy's 3 year old height: 40 1/2 inches
Ivy's 3 year old weight: 41 lbs

Comments

  1. My middle son is like that - he's consistently in the 90th to 95th percentile for both height and weight. At two years old, he's nearly as tall as his five-year-old "big" brother, and weighs more. People ALWAYS mistake him for being much older than he actually is ... which is terrible because he's still pretty attached to his pacifier. People think I've got, like, a school-aged kid with a binky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could buy her a bigger chair

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's up??

Popular posts from this blog

The Sweetest Little Thing

Pinot's Palette Town Square

My Big Break