No Money, No Energy, No Problem

The Springs Preserve play area:

It's fun.
It's free.
Its Land of the Lost, minus the Sleetaks:




"Ahms a-gonna eatchoo...."

If you thought you had to have Disneyland-level energy and pay the $10 entrance fee to benefit from the Springs Preserve, I am here to tell you that you don't. This little park is hidden beyond the amphitheater and features a sandbox, a small fountain kids can play with, turtle shells to spin inside of, and a cute little train that goes nowhere really, really fast. It's not huge and it's self-contained, so you don't have to chase very far after your kids.





As an exercise in the useless you will need to ask for a ticket to the park area at the window. Bring a picnic lunch and eat at the fake-grass amphitheater or use the $10 you saved at the Wolfgang Puck Cafe.

For my single male readers with no children (you know who you are), you are sure to be interested in the EggStravaganza Celebration on April 3rd from 10am-12pm, which is free except for the Egg Hunt, which is $8. But the bunny petting zoo is open to all.

I mean these:



Not these:



Sometimes I deeply regret the places my sarcasm takes me.

Comments

  1. Good info! I didn't know there was any "free" part. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,

    As one of those 'who know who I am', THANKS for the information! I'll be in L.A. for Easter weekend, but I appreciate it all the same!

    THANKS for 'thinking of me' (and all those like me)!

    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! This blog is KILLER!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's up??

Popular posts from this blog

The Sweetest Little Thing

Pinot's Palette Town Square

My Big Break