Tortilla Flambe

As I tried to save my pot of Fideo Soup from boiling over I forgot about the tortillas and they went up in flames.

In case you are not aware, Fideo Soup is a staple of old Mexican grandmothers. Quesadillas are staples of pretty much everyone. That brings me to reflect upon the dichotomy of my Hispanic-American culture. I was cooking Fideo Soup so we could eat dinner at 5pm*.

In case you are wondering, my Fideo Soup tastes like it was made by this lady:

I should tell you there is a positive correlation between the number of wrinkles on her face and the deliciousness of her soup.

* Many Latino families don't eat until 7pm or later. In my family it was more like 9pm.

Comments

  1. Perhaps we need more info about the ingredients of this soup!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's up??

Popular posts from this blog

The Sweetest Little Thing

Pinot's Palette Town Square

Alice in Wonderland Birthday Party